The following California localities enacted leave laws related to COVID-19:
- City of Los Angeles Supplemental Paid Leave (issued April 7 and updated May 19) and rules.
- Emeryville (city’s paid sick leave law as applied to COVID-19).
- Long Beach COVID-19 Paid Supplemental Sick Leave (adopted May 19, immediately effective, no expiration date but revisited every 90 days to determine if still necessary).
- Oakland Emergency COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Ordinance (adopted May 12 and expires December 31, 2020, unless extended).
- San Jose Urgency COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Ordinance (employers subject to the Ordinance must provide the required paid sick leave benefits starting April 8, 2020 through December 31, 2020).
Of note, Los Angeles County enacted an emergency paid sick leave ordinance in April.